Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Grand Opening of My Online Shop!

Yay! My online shop is open and I'm so happy to be able to welcome you there today (or click 'shop' under blog header).


I have many plans for this virtual gallery store. But for now, the big deal is that the shop is alive with new prints for sale!

Originally painted in watercolor, I chose couple of warm and cool backgrounds for one of my favorite birds---the black-capped chickadee. The inspiration came from this quote:

"We learned to be patient observers like the owl. We learned cleverness from the crow, and courage from the jay…But above all of them ranked the chickadee because of its indomitable spirit."
~ Tom Brown Jr.

Such a small bird set against bold and valiant colors, indeed. 

(before)


(after)



When I finished painting, this was the aftermath of my palette, dirty brushes and color-test page. Mixing a good neutral gray was challenging but worth it!

2 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

You made it VERY hard to choose! But I finally did and can't wait to have a piece of your work on my studio for inspiration.

Unknown said...

These really look great! Who would've thought chickadees would turn out as awesome as this? As art runs on criticism, and that the internet allows people of different opinions to post, it's important to know how to deal with people known as "trolls". Some people will still comment negatively, no matter how good your work is. These are impressive, so don't let those people tell your otherwise! Cheers!

Tommy Linsley @ User Worthy Media

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...