Monday, February 24, 2014

My Life on Course

"When your life is on course with its purpose, 
you are your most powerful." 
~ Tony Robbins

************
I recently took a break from facebook (and still am, indefinitely) because I felt like I was bombarded with so much mental monkey chatter that I couldn't hear my own thoughts. Social networking can be fun and entertaining but I noticed I was procrastinating on my dreams. I'd argue that the very vehicle that's suppose to make us feel connected will ultimately make us lonelier in the end, if we don't cultivate a sense of self or act upon our inner calling. Must our self-worth be subject to how many "likes" we received in a day? What about logging into our own lives? What about nurturing our souls? What about cultivating relationships with real human beings?

This break is helping me focus, truly focus, on what matters most. I need to put my energy in pursuing the important stuff. I deserve a life that's valuable and meaningful. We all do :). Let's organize, de-clutter, simplify and be wise with our time. I personally want to be more proactive, not reactive. And I believe that there's a healthy, authentic way to live a creative life (that doesn't require me to constantly check my phone or computer).

As a wife, mom, and artist, I have numerous unfinished projects on my plate. One of them was to finally finish a special art journaling project. Enjoy a peak into the artist heart. My artist heart.




 

  





10 comments:

jabbott said...

Your work is original and beautiful x

CC said...

Gina! Came to your site thru' my Sketchbook Challenge update email! What a beautiful site you have, and what a wonderful soul! I love this post! There are so many distractions in our life that we never get to the really important things! It looks like you've opened the gate to a new, wonderful garden! And, BTW, I love your heart journal embellishments. Great work! ♥

Jess said...

Wow stunning work Gina! It's interesting what you say about social media. I do Twitter and Facebook and I'm normally posting on my FB page 24/7! The last few days I've been really ill so haven't been there. This 'break' is making me rethink the importance of a lot of things and reading what you say it's got me thinking. Thankyou for sharing your beautiful artwork and beautiful soul.
Jess xx

Sandi Keene said...

So very beautiful, Gina! Wow!

Nancy said...

Just lovely, Gina!

Heather said...

You art is SO beautiful!! I found you through your watercolor background video on YouTube. Wow! Your stuff is just breathtaking. Thanks for making the world a more beautiful place!!

Heather T said...

This is a feast for the eyes, Gina. I love your designs and your themes and colour choices

Timaree said...

Gorgeous pages. This is a book your kids will want to keep forever as a treasure.

Good thoughts on Facebook. I spend far too many hours there giving out likes especially to those who don't get a lot but then I don't get much done. I've recognized it's a problem and you confirm just why. I can't stay off it as that's how I keep up with family but I don't need to get involved with discussions or looking at every picture that comes up.

Unknown said...

I love this book! I would buy it if you ever publish it. In fact, I would buy more than one copy and give it to a couple of my close friends too!

Anonymous said...

Gina, your work is lovely. So delicate and colorful. I'm so happy I discovered your blog. As for all the social media? I applaud your views on it...I, too, find no need for it. It's a time-sponge! Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...