Saturday, January 30, 2016

I'm a Featured Artist for 2016 DLP - Enjoy An Art Journaling Video

Hello! If you’re joining me from Art to the 5th’s 2016 DLP website or their weekly unPlanner blog, welcome :). 

 It's an honor to be a Documented Life Project Featured Artist! 
My absolute vocation or creative calling has always been watercolor. Currently, I am working on something tremendous—a dream-come-true art project that will allow me to share my watercolor skills in a bigger way. Stay tuned...


This week’s challenge is: “Ask someone else to draw or make marks on your art piece”. I love doing collaborative art with my 4-year-old. And since he’s a space-nut, this art journal page is dedicated to him. 


 Some art materials you'll need are: 
  1. Your unPlanner (or whatever sketchbook system of your choice). Currently, I'm using this travel size watercolor journal. 
  2. Any basic watercolor set with standard colors. I use blue, green, orange, & white gouache.
  3. Concentrated Water Colors in convenient dropper bottles. [Note: although brilliant, these pigments are actually dyes and will fade over time].
  4. Black waterproof india ink. This one dries super duper matte, which is great for journal writing on top of.


Enjoy my tutorial video below. As always, big hugs!

2016 DLP Featured Artist: Galaxy Tag Art Journal from Gina Kim on Vimeo.



20 comments:

Rae Missigman said...

very very cool Gina! Love how those inks blended and pooled together! thank you for sharing and for being our featured artist this week!

koolk said...

I love that technique! Great idea

Unknown said...

Wonderful Gina! So beautiful art!!

Monica said...

One of the best "how to art video" I have ever seen.

Julia Winkler said...

Love,love,love! Thank you so much!

Belen said...

This is very cool, Gina, thank you. You've inspired me to get out my inks.

Mary W said...

So happy to have you as a guest for our unDLP this year. I have your color classes and enjoyed them so much. Your tiny tag presentation today is another winner! I have a 6 yo granddaughter that would love to illustrate our solar system. She is so unhappy that she has never seen a shooting star and we watch all the time but it hasn't happened yet. This would make a perfect journaling spot for her big wish. Thanks for your inspiration and beautiful page.

Mrs. Hoadley said...

really love this painting! As a science teacher I loved listening to you talk about the atmosphere while you created!!

Robin said...

Love love love this...you make the best videos...!!:)

Emilia said...

You are amazing!!!! I hope you are working on more online classes because I enjoyed the videos in the art lessons I took. Your instructions are so easy to follow. Greetings from Finland.

Sandi Keene said...

Thank you, Gina for joining us this year! What a gorgeous piece. You make watercolor move like nobody else on this planet.

Cindy arrington said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love your techniques and the end result is stunning. Thank you for graciously sharing your talent with us DLPers!

Cindy said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very inspiring Gina! Loved your page & pocket! And REALLY appreciated the ribbons! Those pesky things caught my eye immediately and I'm just letting you know they were the perfect icing on the cake!

Lorraine Bell said...

Gina, it is SO BEAUTIFUL! I have often wondered how you achieved those cosmic skies! Thanks for being such a good friend to us all and for so generously sharing your talent. YOU are STELLAR! (wink!)

Daisy said...

This is fantastic! I'd never thought to combine watercolor and india ink that way -- I can't wait to try it out.

Paula's Originals said...

Awesome cola ration with your son! I loved how you mixed your watercolor to mak the feel of space. Thank you for sharing.

Deezy Art said...

Fantastic. It is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent!

anna said...

I could watch you make art and listen to your commentary all day, Gina! I'm starstruck! ;) :)

Linda said...

So beautiful! You have a lovely blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...