Monday, May 26, 2014

Joyful Memorial Day

 “It’s not joy that makes us grateful, it’s gratitude that makes us joyful.” 
~ Brene Brown

************
I am feeling so grateful these days. Grateful to be alive. Grateful for my family & friends. Grateful for the freedom I have to express myself and to enjoy this day--a national holiday--because of brave souls.






Joy truly is the simplest form of gratitude. I get to see beauty all around. And I don't want to forget how fortunate I am.






Right now, I am art journaling while enjoying the rest of my morning coffee. I could hear my son and husband playing downstairs. I am grateful for the sounds of laughter, of water, of the gentle breeze moving the leaves. I am thankful. So very thankful...

Have a safe and wonderful and joyful Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Melissa @ Sweet As Texas Honey said...

What beautiful, rich colors! What brand paint palette are you using in this photo?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...