Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY Arts Supply Caddy

So here's a project that I've been meaning to post for the longest time. A lazy susan art supply caddy! Everything (minus the art supplies) came from IKEA and if you google "ikea lazy susan DIY caddy", it'll pull up numerous variations to this craft storage theme.


My most awesomest husband assembled the caddy for me last year, right when Stephen turned two. Look at how small Stevie looks, eager to help his daddy!



Jim carefully measured and drilled a tiny hole to screw-in the tallest/largest metal pail. This would permanently stay centered on the lazy susan.


The rest of the outer pails (6 total) are removable due to magnetic disks that were glued onto the wood. Jim used E-6000 craft adhesive. The final price to assemble everything was around $20.


Stephen and I had a blast, filling up the caddy with new art supplies. The fact that it spins (easy entertainment for a toddler/preschooler!) yet everything stays organized, makes it a winner. Plus, the metal pails are light enough for little hands to remove and put things back.



As I'm making a pot of coffee, this is the art journaling scene right now. 

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

That is brilliant. I love the magnet design!!

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Superbe !... merci pour le partage.

Votre enfant a bien grandi ! Une jolie pousse !
Gros bisous ♡

Renej said...

I found your site by way of Sandi Keene and am having fun looking through the archives! I've recently discovered watercolors and your work is quite inspirational! Can you tell me the name of the stencil you used in your color study on March 1? Thanks!

Gina Lee Kim said...

Thank you everyone!
Renej, that stencil was from The Crafter's Workshop. I don't know the exact model# but they have a nice selection of background/design stencils. I think I bought them through Scrapbook.com. Hope that helps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...