Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dream Big: Late Night Journaling

“The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, 
but that it is too low and we reach it.” 
~ Michelangelo


[AFTER]

The funny thing is, even though I never used any of my star rubber stamps, they ended up in the final photo anyway. 

******************

[BEFORE]

Here's a glimpse of my craft table and the initial watercolor wash of my painting.


Right when I took this photo, I heard Stephen waking up from his nap. It was time to pause here and go get my son :).



 Later that evening, when I was able to return to my studio (i.e. after house duties and sweet family asleep), my paper dried into an abstract hot pink! I had no idea where to go/what to do with this. Regardless, I put on my apron and trusted my muse to lead the way!

6 comments:

Eulita said...

Your muse did very well, it's beautiful !

Kelly Warren said...

Beautiful, Gina! I love that quote!

Joanne said...

This is stunning Gina! I stumbled across your blog (forgot from whom), and have been visiting ever since. Your art is just wonderful!!

Sandi Keene said...

SO pretty! Love it!

Unknown said...

Wow - just incredible!

jabbott said...

Beautiful art x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...