Friday, July 19, 2013

Mixed Media Moon

Oil and water don't mix. And to a mixed media artist, that's a good thing. 

For this little 2" x 3" moon painting (enlarged here for detail), I used a white Crayola crayon as a resist then painted a rich watercolor overlay for the branches and night sky.

Some of the pigment beaded up on the moon, but I like it. 

Speaking of Crayola crayons, what's your favorite color?
I made this reference sheet while my son was coloring next to me. Hey, I'm a kid too! 

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Janet O'Connor said...

Gina, your moon series of paintings are wonderful! This one is just so pretty. I really like the way you choose such beautiful color and simple design to create such lovely pieces. Thank you for sharing this! Janet

Shannon Phillips said...

Beautiful!

Hindsfeet said...

Hi Gina,

I had to tell you, this is my favorite thing you've done in a long time.....

...it's absolutely inspired and gorgeous......

thanks for the beauty you bring,
Liz~*

Rose said...

The resist technique worked beautifully! What a rich composition. Love the Crayola chart, too. Who doesn't enjoy a good box of crayons?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...