Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Burning the "Moonlight" Oil

It's been real busy over here. I'm burning the midnight moonlight oil. Lots of painting, sewing, gluing and writing going on, with happy dances all around.  


For some people this moon painting may be fine as is but I wanted to kick things up a notch. I'm glad I took this shot moments before I incorporated a glaze, which is watercolor over another (dried) layer of watercolor. Notice how after glazing, it makes the moon stand out....it's almost glowing!

It's risky business to pour and drizzle a dark indigo glaze over a watercolor painting. But in this case (and with years and years of practice), my moonscape came out more awesome I think, with a dramatic dark over the light. Feels mysterious and enchanting! 
  
 Some gold string, washi tape and star-shaped sequins...

...help capture beautiful words and hidden dreams behind these moons. 
Artwork title: "Washi Moonscape"

3 comments:

Jess said...

Amazing! Really lovely Gina!xx

Jeans 'n Tshirt said...

Such a beautiful idea - love notes hidden in flip pages! And your colors are inviting! I have added you to my reader list! Nice to meet you - from Alisa's page.

jabbott said...

Loving your posts too, you are added to my reading list and have my following x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...